Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alice in Wonderland

This time the title is Alice in Wonderland.
Alice in Wonderland?
!@#!@$@#$%#^$%$&^&#$%#$
I never read the book and watched the movie ONCE when my brain was in its premature developing stage.
I think it was sometime last week.
I can't remember.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice in Wonderland

I arose in a field of serenity as she grasped my hand and pranced on dew filled grass.
This mysterious stranger who appended joy on a plaintive soul.
I gazed into her eyes and was led astray in the infinity of splendor.
Who was this enchantress who stole the essence of beauty and hid it in her smile.

She skipped a stones throw and signaled to follow.
With a wave of her hand, she tore the morning light from the sky to reveal the gleam of moonlight on the mirrored lake.
The scintillating stars marched into order as she plucked them from the sky and nested them in my pocket.

She strolled down the lane and rested by the mangrove tree.
The sound of the shores sang her praise with each crashing wave.
Truly, she clasped my fluttering heart that kissed the palms of her hands.
I craved to apprehend her and pleaded for her name.
She blew a soft whisper into the breeze and vanished.

The wind carried her voice through the rustled trees as the leaves and branches hushed;

"Alice"

I fell to my knees as sorrow wrapped me in it's merciless wrath.

2 comments:

James Low said...

Straight to the point. Your Wonderland is the perfect fantasy setting.

Unlike me, mine is long-winded. Hopefully my story won't bore you all down. Haha...

lydiatong207 said...

good job! beautiful and descriptive.. ;) what no ideas huh? then u go and come up with such amazing stuff..lol!